15 Easy Camera Hacks That Will Turn You Into An Expert in Photography
1 Use Lentils To Steady Your Camera And Reduce Shake.
Get the right shape
First, get an unwanted pair of jeans with a sturdy zip. Then mark a line across the mid-waist and legs. You want to create a ‘V’-shaped groove for maximum stability.
Bean there, done that!
I prefer to use ordinary lentils as a filling because they feel fluid yet supportive inside the beanbag. Poke a funnel through the zip, fill it up and close the zipper to seal.
Cut out your pattern
Cut the jeans to size, leaving a decent-sized hem. Ensure the zip is undone as you do this. Turn the jeans inside out before you start stitching.
Stabilise the situation
Field-test time! Rest your lens in the beanbag’s ‘V’ shape for instant stability. You can also hang that same ‘V’ shape over a car door for a stable shooting platform.
See the difference…
You’ll be able to see the results instantly, because such a stable and comfy platform means you can stay in position longer – and eliminate elbow-induced camera shake.
1. Use Tights To Soften Light
3. Make Your Own Bean Bag To Use As A Tripod
4. Use A Coffee Sleeve As A Lens Hoo
creative lighting accessories you can make in your kitchen
- Cut the bottom off an empty tube of crisps to allow the light from your flashgun to shoot straight through it.
- Simply attach the top of the tube to the flashgun head with three strips of masking tape. It’s easy as that!
6 Create Haze Using A Sandwich Bag